Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

Me...a million years ago.  I was 17.
Life Lessons of a Rodeo Queen

Today is a day of thankfulness and peace. Today is a day of too much food and not enough stomach.

Today is the day when everything around us becomes the wild crazy land of --the holidays are here!  What are we going to do?!  I am not ready!

Well, I'm never ready.  I work best under pressure anyway, so it's nothing new to me.

But what I've learned is that the most precious thing I can do today and each day throughout the insanity of the holiday season is to just take a moment.

Take a moment to sip my tea and watch the snow fall outside my window.

Take a moment and listen to the laughter of my children.

My Mother...she was the age I am now...37.
Take a moment and think of those who aren't sitting with me this year: my brother, my father, my mother.  And wish them well in the realm beyond ours.

Take a moment and relish the insanity. It is wild, really.  The new puppy is zipping here and there.  The two year old is running into things--on purpose.  The six year old is too busy reading to help sweep the floor.  The ten year old is so busy being a busy body, she forgets and puts the milk in the pantry.  The nineteen year old is so wrapped up in his world that he forgets what day it is.

The husband--he's trying very hard to pick up the slack--but is sent to watch football instead.

And me, well, I am sitting at the table waiting for the last pie to get finished. Drinking tea and watching the snow fall on the mountains of Montana.  I am taking that moment.

The last big snowfall...the view from my deck.
Happy Thanksgiving.  I am so thankful for you. Thank you for stopping by and leaving me notes.  Thank you for sharing pieces of your world with me.  I love to laugh with you.

Slainte!


What moments do you cherish this time of year?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a note. I love to chat!!

Image